Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am going to be studying abroad in Barcelona this spring. Do you have any advice or tips?

This is my first study abroad, but I'm originally from Europe, and have traveled extensively. I will be in Barcelona, working on my MBA for 7 months at EAE. I am really excited, but haven't lived in Spain before, and would love any advice you can give me. I currently go to grad school in the U.S.I am going to be studying abroad in Barcelona this spring. Do you have any advice or tips?
1. Learn (basic) Spanish.





2. Read the book ';Barcelona';by Robert Hughes.





3. Buy the latest edition of the Time Out Guide Barcelona - the best travel guide about this city.





4. Check out the cultural weekly BCN Week and the magazine Barcelona Metropolitan, to get a feeling of what's going on in the city.


http://www.barcelona-metropolitan.com/


http://www.bcnweek.com/





5. Be prepared: housing is not hard to find, but the prices are high. Expect to pay 350-600 euro's a month for a room in a shared apartment.





6. Read about the different neighborhoods of Barcelona before you arrive. That makes it easier to find accommodation.





7. Book a hostel for the first days and start looking for a room.





8. Climb up the Montjuic mountain, see Barcelona from above, take a caf茅 cortado on the terrace of Bar Miramar and enjoy the spectacular view.





:))I am going to be studying abroad in Barcelona this spring. Do you have any advice or tips?
learn some basic Spanish before you make friends with local people learn more Spanish as much as u can this extra language will come in handy for ur future career as Spanish is the 2nd most spoken language in the world relax and enjoy ur self it will be so much fun

No comments:

Post a Comment