Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's the best bit of life advice that you have ever been given?

This isn't advice given specifically to me, but I try to follow it nonetheless. The closer you get to balance in your life, the happier you'll be:





ADVICE TO MY SON





The trick is to live every day as if it is your last.


(for young men lose their lives in strange and unimaginable ways)


but at the same time plan long range


(for if you survive the shattered windshield and the bursting shell


you will arrive at our approximation here below heaven or hell)





To be specific, Between the peony and the rose


plant squash, spinach, turnips and tomatoes


Beauty, is nectar


And nectar, is a desert saves-


But the stomach craves stronger sustenance


Then the honied vine





Therefore, Marry a pretty girl


after meeting her mother


show your soul to one man


work with another


and always serve bread with your wine





but son


always serve wine.


What's the best bit of life advice that you have ever been given?
ar5e

Report Abuse


What's the best bit of life advice that you have ever been given?
That would be the one that I did not listen to, obviously. This is the fact that I have been my good share of advice over the years of my life, some good, some bad, some certain in their effect and some a little dodgy as for instance the one I received about matter relating the opposite sex, but there seldom has been a chance when I listened and found myself obliged to act accordingly. Sometimes, I feel angry when someone tires to advise me, and sometime grateful, as when I consider people more for their kindness and concern than for their wisdom. I often think the very fact that someone is interested in your affairs and wants to help out should be enough, without anyone supposedly in possession of better knowledge having to be intrusive. In simple words, I would say, I really haven鈥檛 learnt to take advice; I hardly manage to listen.





I missed something very important in life, but I have been advised through multiple sources, as for instance, this is only people directly conversing with me but I have also find many valuable gems of wisdom while overhearing proceedings of life around me, and also, perhaps most importantly from many good books that I have been studying. Once I read somewhere a father saying to his son: 鈥榤y son, do whatever you may like but never be mean'. I do not really know as what is it like being mean, whatever that may be, this sounds to me like a best piece of advice so far.
Truly -- without doubt -- the greatest and most useful piece of advice I've ever been given...





';You don't know your own argument until you can make your opponent's argument better than he can.';





I promise you -- if you follow this advice religiously, you'll never lose another debate.





Cheers, mate.
Don't accept advices,only suggestions - I like this because it means that whatever people try to tell you,it's just information you can work with,not necessarily something you have to do. So the choice will always be up to you.
Always look for contentment in life, in whatever situation you find yourself in. The more contentment you put in there is less room for unhappiness. Happiness is fleeting contentment is permanent.
Actually two things.


Always look at the situation and think:


';There, but for the Grace of God, goes I';





What ever you do in life,


';Don't lose your credibility';
While its always ok for you to hold to your opinions, you should take the time to listen to other peoples views and try to understand and respect their position.
Don't take advice! These are thoughts and opinions of another person. Only you can best deal with your own situations.
G Find the best mental tool you can and use it consistently. For me that has turned out to be the life decryption key.
always have comfortable shoes and comfortable bed; If you're not in one, you're in the other.
Life is too short to not be busy. And on the flip side: Life is what happens when you're busy making plans.
Good advice is always ignored.
Never argue with an idiot, no one can tell the difference.
To work hard and do your best...that's all you can do.
Shoot for the moon, because if you fail you'll fall among the stars
Never take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time.
keep taking the tablets
Breathe.
NEVER GIVE UP .
Read
What is the worse thing that could happen to you?
don't pee into the wind
Be yourself, no matter what x

No comments:

Post a Comment