Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?

I am a furniture designer and I am interested in creating a nursery line. Do you Moms/Dads have any suggestions on how to make my cribs more convenient for you? I love modern furniture, so definitely this line will be modern as well. I am also planing to make it eco-friendly, and convertible (crib-daybed). What would you like to see in the future cribs? Any problems with you current cribs, suggestions? THANK YOU!I need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?
The only thing i don't like about the crib it is so high. When i turn it into a toddler bed it seems like it will be to high for my son.I need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?
Safety and stability FIRST


One common problem with cribs is that you have to stoop so low to put them in the lower style, but on high ones, short moms like me can't reachup around the rail and to the bottom! Drop sides are always too dangerous.


Maybe you could work on the height and make a medium size?


Cribs are always white or wood, too. How about some fun funky colors?
There is regulations on the width of the crib rails make sure you follow those.
First I want to see safe paint on the wood. No close bars on side for baby to get his/her hand or head stuck between. But I feel that those are two very imp safety features.
I live in the US and there is definitely a lack of modern cribs here. We wanted something sturdy, eco-friendly, and safe - no drops rails. We also needed something very plain and modern. Eventually we found what we wanted, but it was very expensive, about $700. So I'd say cost is also a very important factor. Our crib doesn't have any storage, and I'd like to see a drawer under the crib.
I dislike the cribs that turn into toddler beds, i think an eaiser way to change them into toddler beds would be AWESOME!!


I think they need to make the railings longer, my boys all climbed out by 12months and were all in toddler beds way to soon, but its safer for the toddler bed!!


I would love to see more items for TWINS, i have twins and 2cribs is hard to fit in a room, not sure how to make it maybe bigger? but anything to help twin parents!!!


Good Luck!
When i went shopping for my son's crib, it seemed like all the nice ones (design wise) Didn't have the side drop on them. That makes it so much easier to get your baby in and out. Considering how bad your back hurts after child birth. I also have not found many that I approve of their bar spacing. Almost all my son can get his legs through at a year old. Not sure if there is a reason behind that or not. I was on a hunt for a crib with lots of carved designs. something elegent. I had little luck. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment