Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?

I am a furniture designer and I am interested in creating a nursery line. Do you Moms/Dads have any suggestions on how to make my cribs more convenient for you? I love modern furniture, so definitely this line will be modern as well. I am also planing to make it eco-friendly, and convertible (crib-daybed). What would you like to see in the future cribs? Any problems with you current cribs, suggestions? THANK YOU!I need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?
I like the ones with a chest of drawers with a changing table on top attatched. Multi use.I need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?
I love the ones that you can make in to a twin bed as they grow, BUT they are just not that very strong, and it will probably break before the baby grows enough to need a twin bed :D so yeah, maybe material might be important, but I know that it will make it expensive, so it might be hard. Other than that, if you can think of designs that dont make it look like a cage, yet its baby safe, youre good :D


Good luck
Make the mattress easy to adjust up or down. Make it study yet space saving (we have a HUGE sturdy crib, but it takes up entirely too much room). I would love to have something just as nice but taking up less room. Yes, def. make it convertable.
Hi! What a fun line to design! I think it would be cool if you could design a crib that has an alternative to the ';caged in'; effect. Maybe something with plexiglass shape cut outs or something (don't want arms, legs etc. getting stuck). Even something like little owl cut outs, anything!! All the lines these days are so cliche. I would have loved to have something more artistic like a Monet or starry night nursery. Even something more pop surrealism-ish. I believe a line that is more artistic and conventional could grow with the child, and the parents wouldn't be throwing away their pastel ';baby'; sign that is hanging above the crib, along with the rest of the outgrown theme designs. The convertible and eco friendly plan is definitely a great one, and will really help your line sell. Another feature that i have found to be difficult on my crib is dropping it down. When it is time to lower the mattress you have to take the whole thing apart, what a hassle! Good Luck!!
Hi- I'm a relatively new father and have some definite suggestions.





1. I don't mind paying good money for a crib that will last, but I know a lot of folks out there can't afford the better cribs. Why not make a very affordable version of your nicest model? This is especially important in this economy.





2. Picking up/putting my daughter in her crib puts a lot of strain on my lower back. Having a crib with a front that slides up and down makes sense.





3. Polished wood is nice, but my little munchkin will gnaw on the top of the rail if you don't watch her... a light protective guard made of non-toxic plastic would be a nice add-on accessory. This should snap on and snap off.





4. The crib should be high enough to slip packages of diapers beneath it. Having this extra storage space really helps.





5. My daughter's crib has the ability to convert into a toddler bed and then a larger bed later, this is a great feature. However, sometimes these cribs aren't the easiest to assemble or disassemble. The design should be relatively easy to work with and the instructions should be clearly written.
Our crib turns into a toddler bed as well as a head and foot board for a sleigh-style double bed. Try something along those lines, something that will last for years and years. What is more eco friendly than something so practical it grows with your child all the way to adulthood?
I love the convertible feature and of course safety first but also make the side going up and down a little easier!!
The only problems I see with the cribs now days is how expensive they are. I like unique ones. I'm not really into modern stuff though. Good Luck :)
well, first you have to make sure that it is going to be safe (the main thing parents are looking for) second, something that is cute (something that younger parents think is important too)


and definitely convertible, but make it a crib, that can convert into a diaper changing area, then into a bed that a older toddler can use.


eco friendly is also important, especially to me.
I love my basic crib with wheels on it. Maybe a drawer beneath it would be nice. The wheels are great because my crib is up against to wall and my son throw his pacifier in the back of the crib. I end up moving the crib a lot. I'd be careful about making it convertible, usually parents end up using the crib for the next child anyway.
I saved up my dough to buy an expensive but beautiful crib that converted into a day bed. I regret that I did. It has to stay in crib formation instead of growing with my daughter because #2 now needs it %26amp; i'm not buying her another crib. So I had to buy a toddler bed anyhow. Aswell as a second mattress. Also, when Danielle was teething she chewed it. Gnaw marks all over the top. Looks awful now. It's sad

No comments:

Post a Comment