Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Could you give me advice on fixing my network/internet connection on my other computer?

On my PC, I can not access the internet because of a local area connection. I opened all the networks, and it says the internet is plugged in, but a network cable is unplugged. I have no clue what that is. It says it is an intel pro/100 VE network connection. Does that mean there is a loose wire somewhere? How do I get my internet back? Any help will be MUCH appreciated. Thank you so much!!!Could you give me advice on fixing my network/internet connection on my other computer?
The message that you are getting may not be referring to an actual hardware issue, but instead a software problem. The Intel Pro is your Ethernet Controller Adapter driver and yours may just be ';corrupted.'; Simply uninstall it and then reboot your computer. With Windows XP when your computer reboots it will auto-detect the NIC and then reinstall the driver. Contact me if you need further assistance.





Hope this helps!Could you give me advice on fixing my network/internet connection on my other computer?
Check all your physical connections
The network cable is the one that looks like a phone one, but its slightly wider, that is the connection that it is saying is unplugged. It could be unplugged at your computer, or the router / modem, or the router could be turned off. Or you could simply have a bad cable.
Your network cable is your enthernet cable ruunning from the modem to the computer check that first then if the modem is connected by the usb rerun the cd that came with the modem also check in your device maniger that your computer is reading the network ports and lastly u might just need a new enther port.

No comments:

Post a Comment