Thursday, July 29, 2010

Has anyone started there own small business? If so, can you offer advice/suggestions on what I need to do?

I've been dreaming about owning my own arcade/lasertag business in my city for the longest time. I know it sounds like a childish interest, but my city could really use it. There is little to zero recreation here, aside from two movie theaters, a putt putt, bowling alley, and......three walmarts?





I know for a fact that an arcade/laser tag would BOOM here. I talk about this all the time with friends and family, and everyone is always asking when this place is going to open. That's the only problem. I have no idea how to do any of this. I know I have the motivation and drive, but as far as knowledge. Zip.





I'm going to school right now for a degree in Business Administration. Is there anyone out there that has opened their own small business? If so, can I pick your brain a bit to figure out what I need to do and pursue? I appreciate it a lot.Has anyone started there own small business? If so, can you offer advice/suggestions on what I need to do?
Since you've never been in business before, I would strongly recommend that you talk to a business counselor before you do anything especially spend money. I'd call the local office of SCORE (go to http://www.score.org and input your zip code to find the chapter nearest you), the advice is FREE.





The counselor at SCORE will most likely advise you to write a business plan which is very good advice because it will force you to dig out all of the start up details and the costs of starting an arcade/lasertag business and force you to also understand all of the aspects of this business including the customers you'll concentrate on (your market ) and how you'll go after them.





You'll need to register the business with your state controller's office and make sure that you have any city and county licenses if any are needed where you live. All of this will come out in a business plan.





Try this link :


http://www.ychange.com/small-business-co鈥?/a> and read some of the articles especially the ones about a business plan and starting a business.


Good LuckHas anyone started there own small business? If so, can you offer advice/suggestions on what I need to do?
to gain the most insite on your buisness start a buisness plan they take a while to right but it will make you look at EVERY angle in your buisness..


SBA.org is a great place to start.





first off you will need a mission statement.. something like to add more activites for the children so they have more positive options in there upbring..





oh bTW i'm almost 30 i love lazer tag nothing childish about any sort of sport!
dude, trust me u do not need a degree in order to run a business such as this! U just need the drive n of course money for it. Have u found a location yet, have u found where u going to buy the equipment for all ths, and also think in mind that setting several tvs to the side hooked to a xbox 360 or wii will still bring u profit. If u have more questions, just ask away

No comments:

Post a Comment