Thursday, July 29, 2010

What's the best advice you've ever received?

Who gave you that advice?





Poll: Blue or Red?What's the best advice you've ever received?
';Get over it.'; - Mom





RedWhat's the best advice you've ever received?
When I was about 13 I was very well behaved %26amp; away at a relative of my mother's step father. So I didn't know the people well %26amp; wasn't going to just charge in around them. My Aunt Fran who was my grandfather's sister in law told me to remember no one in this world is better than me. She told me it was OK not to be shy because I was as good as anyone else. I was not given that kind of advice from my parents. My mother put me down often. It changed my life %26amp; to this I have this level of confidence knowing that. I am now 50 so I got a whole lot of use out of it. I am not sure what Blue or Red means but if you are asking favorite color I like a certain kind of blue but dont know what it is called but I love it...as far as politics go I am Blue which means a democrat cause while I know one is better than me, I am no better than anyone else either so I live by the statement of loving thy neighbor as thyself which is what democrats do.
'; Progress involves risk. You can't steal second base and keep Your foot on first'; - Frederick Wilcox.





'; Highly effective people shape their own future instead of allowing other people, their culture, family, or circumstances determine it';





';How you do your work is a portrait of yourself'; - unknown





';The greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall'; - Van Gogh





';Courage is a decision, Fear is a reaction'; - unknown.





';There will come a time, when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning'; - Louis Lamour





';Love one another as I have loved you'; Jesus





';Become the change you wish to see in the world'; Gandhi





There are those who fall, but get up.


lose, but do not accept loss


Succeed because they will not fail


These people don't teach by words


They inspire by example - Be An Inspiration To Others!
The day I left for basic training my Dad, a Marine Corps lifer, took me aside and told me this;


';They are going to be in your face yelling at you. Don't take it personally, let it go in one ear and out the other...but pay attention to what they are telling you. It might save your life some day.';
F**k em... cant remember exacly who it was, but in the end i think it was multiple people over time...





niether blur nor red, they may as well merge and make a stripped version for all the difference it makes really...





we need a new party for the modern world..
In my life I've learned to come up with my own little analogies to help me. Life is like a heart monitor.... theres always gonna be ups and downs no matter what you do. good and bad will always be balanced out. and then when you die.... its straight, then life is good


(depending on how you have lived your life of course.)


Red MotherF*cker!
';keep it in your pants'; - when i was dating one of my ex's. (ho-bag)


my buddy told me.








blue
Treat others the way you would want to be treated, something I think everyone has heard, but I live by it now. Well to an extent.





Blue
Always be suspicious of people who offer advice without solicitation
To treat people the way you want to be treated and not let someones negativity to change my good qualities. My mother tells me that.





Red
to become independent, to make something of myself and not depend on anyone but me.
';When someone shows you who they really are, believe them the first time...'; Maya Angelou said this on Oprah one day... It has profoundly affected my life... Blue (turquoise)...
Life is a cabaret





Liza Minnelli





Blue
'Always listen to your parents' By my best friend


RED! Gryffindor colour.
If you don't like it you can leave! And I did!
'patience' is the key to everything


my brother


BLUE! turquoise and aqua are great


love looking at the dark blue sky
It's not what happens to you in life, but how you respond to it.
GET DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love yourself, but live for your family and friends.





My dad told me that a few months before he died.





Poll:Blue
guard your heart it affects everything you do





blue
Stop Breathing....by an ex-wife!





BLUE!
';The journey is the reward.'; some very slow walking monk.
POLL: blue
don't eat the yellow snow
you are who you hang out with
always pay in cash, never credit...





RED
Never spit always swallow.......


My Sister, she said that spitting is a nasty habit and ladies don't spit.





Blue
HEY! STOP PUTTING THINGS IN YOUR NOSE DUMMY!!!
Got to college





My grandparents





Blue
To keep my chin up, Mother... maybe that's why I'm a positive person.








Blue
Don't take any wooden nickels.





My wood shop teacher





Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment