Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tips on how to be a better saver. Have you an advice?

I would like to save 拢100 each month but I seem to struggle to save. I don't make too much money but my rent is cheap because I go half with my live-in b/friend. How can I be sure to put 拢100 aside? Do you think it's wise to open up a saving's account? I only have a checking/current account and I save money in there.Tips on how to be a better saver. Have you an advice?
1) Write a plan which tells you where you spend your money and what on- do this each week


2) stick to the plan


3) Open a savings account


4) If you over spend one week, then next week make sure you under spend


Tips on how to be a better saver. Have you an advice?
Best way I always found was to set up a standing order to another 'saving' account. Then 'pretend' it is some kind of bill.


That way you'll be encouraged to live to the standard of the money left in your main account.





This has the double bonus of building up an easily available 'back-up' if you get into difficulties and the basis to drive down your expectations of 'standard of living'





My main advice would be to not get too bogged down with saving a fortune and don't tie yourself into a savings account that has penalties for withdrawals.





Once you get into the habit you can adjust how much you save to suit your purposes.






I am great at saving but I am not sure what advice I might give as to me it's all about common sense stuff, like 2+2 = 4.





Or, go to the shop on the left, pay 3 go to the shop on right pay 4, if you want to save, which shop do you go, left or right?





I'd have to see where and how you spend your money to see if I could improve your spendings.. Like, do you live your lights and TV on downstairs while you sleep at night? Are they 130Watts lightbulbs as well? Do you live the air conditioning on while you go to work?


Simple stuff like that, some people need to be told, I am not sure why they need to be told.


But I don't understand why some people hate credit cards or why some others *need* to borrow 拢25.000 to buy a new car when something just as functional can be bought second hand for 拢2000 cash. Etc etc etc


What do you do for food? That's where I can usually catch most people out and it's slightly too long to start educating someone on food lol.
you could also invest in a mutual fund and keep putting money into that


and in a few years you would have gained a lot of interest from it.


so you would be saving money and making it grow at the same time.


just a thought =)
well you see where this 拢100 keeps going everymonth and you do less of where it is going if that makes sense. And just put the money in a bank account. You got to be strict with yourself if you want to save money!
I would just say think about the things you are buying and decide if you really need it, if not put the same amount of money that it costs in to your saving jar. Good luck :)
www.martinsmoneytips.com


Amazing very very helpful site


xxxx
Open up a separate account and have the money you want to save get transferred without you touching it it can be done if you are strict with yourself.Good luck
Just put away 拢25 a week into a little tub and keep it closed and save it all
Who said stop spending it.

No comments:

Post a Comment