Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?

I am a furniture designer and I am interested in creating a nursery line. Do you Moms/Dads have any suggestions on how to make my cribs more convenient for you? I love modern furniture, so definitely this line will be modern as well. I am also planing to make it eco-friendly, and convertible (crib-daybed). What would you like to see in the future cribs? Any problems with you current cribs, suggestions? THANK YOU!I need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?
i personally like the crib i have with the spindles. i like them to be conveertible so that my son can keep using it thoughout his childhood. i think i would like it if instead of having drawrs on the end under the changing table i would like to see shelves that way i can put his diapers and such on it. i think it wouldbe nice if it was detachable or made as two peices that could be butted up together. that way when he outgrows the crib it can be pulled apart and can just be shelving in his roomI need your advice on baby cribs. Can you help?
Built in toys? You can get one cot/crib with spinning balls in, how about doing other toys, perhaps an abacus type thing.
OOHH i like this question ;D


i know that convertible cribs can turn into toddler beds, and some even into a full size bed for later on in life, but it would be sooo cool to have one to turn into a twin sized bed. for those in between years.


Instead of having to buy another bed, then going back to the convertible for when he is older. Because IMO a full size bed is way too much bed for a 3 or 4 year told that has grown out of the toddler bed stage.





Idk, that might be a little far fetched, and i personally couldn't see how this would be possible, but would be a nice feature if it were possible.





Other than that, i would just like something with nice clean lines. I personally don't like anything frillly. (just not my style)


Eco-friendly is nice. I'm somewhat of an environmentalist.


And it was also a pain with the converible crib because the side doesn't go down like the cribs my family grew up in. And that was a big pain when he started standing up. We had to lower the mattress so he didn't climb out, yet I could never put him in there easily or take him out easily because I am so short. EEP.
I would love to see a crib that looked less like an animal cage. Maybe instead of slats, you could do really small cubes. Also, maybe something that is solid from the first few inches up- like the bottom 8 inches so you don't need a bumper- since American Academy of Pediatrics suggests not using them anymore because they are a suffocation risk. Lots of babies still get their hands and feet stuck between the rails though when there is not a bumper there. I'm not a fan of really bulky cribs, so the changing table/crib combo doesn't really appeal to me and most of the time I change my son's diaper on the bed anyway because it is easier- a changing table where the child's legs faced you would be great. Also, almost all kids I know start chewing on their cribs once they start standing so a plastic or gummi railing built in would be great!
I like cribs that have a changing table attached to it that makes it way more convinient and one less thing you have to buy =]
To piggy back off the built in toys, I say have a built in CD player or I-pod so you can easily play their bed time music!





I love my crib...It is a Simmons Valencia Collection.





It is stylish, sturdy, reasonably priced and easy to get the baby in and out of.





http://www.simmonskids.com/babiesToddler鈥?/a>
GET A LITTLE CRADDLE WHITE - FIND A BLUE AND WHITE BLANKET. KEEP IT BYE YOUR BED PRAY, PRAY, PRAY. NOTIHING WRONG WITH MY CURRENT CRIB. XOXO HAVE A NICE DAY.
  • mascara
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment