Thursday, July 29, 2010

When someone gives you emotional support and/or advice, do you feel like you owe them?

What about the other way around? If you give someone emotional support and/or advice, do you feel like they owe you?When someone gives you emotional support and/or advice, do you feel like you owe them?
Not at all. .. if someone asked me for advice I would give it.. if nobody asked me.. then I would stay out of it.. but if I have a problem.. and someone notices that and asked me if he or she could help me .. I would feel grateful but I would see that as kindness and caring and compassionate but I would not think I owe them anything.. but I would automatically reciprocate the favour if ever they wanted my help.. and in neither way would it appear to me as ''owing them and nobody owes me anything if I give them advice'' if I do so, then because I really want to help someone and I don't espect anything.. although a ''thank you '' would be nice.. one likes to be appreciated but they owe me nothing else and I don't feel I owe them more than a kind ''thank you for their help''When someone gives you emotional support and/or advice, do you feel like you owe them?
Not at all. As a matter of fact, its just the opposite. I don't want someone to give me anything just because I gave them something. Gifts of anytype should be from the heart and not a result of someone else's actions.
I only get support of advice from a family member.....and I don't owe them anything.





It's the same if it's the other way around.....it's understood that we're there for each other.
noooooonooooo yooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuu really don't i don't at least well you should help them out when they need emotional support and/or advice you don't owe them everything but somethings ok!
No but when they get there messed up life fixed let's hope they are still around to be your friend. And if you give them bad advice would they blame you if they followed it? Probally.
I used to be really sensitive to this issue. However, I feel that if a friend comes to me to talk, I listen. They do the same for me!
Use to but then i realize it's a gift that i want to give! nothing is needed in return! maybe a thanks for graditude but that's their call!
Whether I feel that I owe that somebody a favor in return or not..I feel good in returning it..up to you..if the person says..ooh np..it's okay..I would like to anyway
  • mascara
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment