Monday, August 23, 2010

Do you have any advice for someone who is trying to remain sober?

just keep coming back to meetings if you are in AA read the book and work the steps if you are not in AA try it for 90days we will return your misery if it does not help your life get betterDo you have any advice for someone who is trying to remain sober?
I would recommend picking up a hobby or maybe even chatting online with friends, BUT not with friends whom you have a connection with going out drinking.


Try reading good book or if your not into reading maybe playing a game onliner or something.


Other then that i would stay away from friends or aquaintences that only have fun drinking that obvoiously woulndt be a good choice.


Or maybe hang with your family if that is a choice or maybe contributing your time to a shelter for homeless people.


Maybe call your church or if your not into a church maybe call and see what you can devote your time into helping others.


I dunno those are a few i guess. Good Luck by the way.Do you have any advice for someone who is trying to remain sober?
I've kept away from my addiction by helping others help themselves. I may be on the phone with somebody all night- the rewards are priceless! It gives me the motiviation and incentive to stay clean. GOOD LUCK! Keep looking forward to the future!
Don't hang with people who drink - they'll only try to get you to drink too!
I'm the wrong person to ask on that one.
Check into a rehab
First, put yourself in a good environment. Stay away from other people who are drinking.
First off, stay away from AA. I picked up a lot of bad advice in the rooms that kept me drinking for years.





I kept relapsing because I thought I would go crazy and kill myself if I didn't drink. I'd get sober for awhile, try to get help for depression, but doctors and shrinks and family kept pushing me back into AA. Finally, I got so sick of being in the cycle of recovery and relapse, I'd didn't care if it meant I went crazy or even killed myself, I wasn't going to drink.





I also didn't listen to all the dogma from the folks in the rooms. For support, I found some yahoo groups that dealt with recovery from alcohol and/or recovery from AA. Been sober now since 8/4/01 and now I'm working on cigarettes (3陆 months).
Yeh, dont drink alcohol.
Get a sponser. Have a back up person or friend in crisis situations. Go to a meeting
go here;


http://www.doctoryourself.com/alcoholism鈥?/a>





read it, it will explain what alcoholism really is,


and how to cure it.

No comments:

Post a Comment