Monday, August 23, 2010

How do you receive unsolicited advice graciously?

It is remarkably easy to be gracious when receiving advice from somebody whom you respect, particularly if that 'advice' is openly and generously enthusiastic about your achievements.





e.g.


My Professor's comments on public performances I made when I was still a student were always received with gratitude ('graciously'), even when some of that 'advice' was critical of aspects of my interpretation, for example... .


I knew that his 'advice' was always meant to raise me above my present level, and I was flattered that he bothered to give me this 'advice'.





If, on the other hand, one senses 'competitiveness' as part of the motive for giving 'advice', one often has to manufacture graciousness.





How do you be 'gracious' in that circumstance? I confess to not having mastered that particular art, sadly.





Generally, all I can manage is a brief smile or a nod.How do you receive unsolicited advice graciously?
You smile thoughtfully, nod graciously, and say, ';Hmmm... I never thought of that.';





Non-committal... non-judgemental.








Have a polite day.How do you receive unsolicited advice graciously?
I would most likely thank them for their opinion and tell them that its something you will keep in mind.....depending on the advice they are giving you of course! lol
You say, ';Thanks for that, but I don't recall asking your opinion';
I'd like to say that I do. But, I think sometimes I don't.
';Thanks, I'll consider that.';
You say, ';Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.';
no never





most people are fools LOL
say ok %26amp; then do what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment