Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need mums advice... would you be mad if your 20 year old daughter was pregnant about 2 start uni?

Im pregnant just found out... Im about to start uni i am sooo excited mum is more and dad there telling everyone... now am 4 weeks pregnant with boyfriend of 8 months we live together he's happy am sooo worried what mum will think that ive thrown my life away so young and dad will hit the roof i need help from a mums perspective :)I need mums advice... would you be mad if your 20 year old daughter was pregnant about 2 start uni?
whoa


you're pregnant


that's all





Your Life.....has not ( even nearly) been thrown away.


It's just enlarging,


in ways you hadn't factored in yet.





Shed loads of folk do university with a baby


It's More-than possible....truely and really.





Try it,


you will meet up with other mums there


and you CAN do it.


Especailly if your fella is behind you and thrilled too





Whether you Want to.........is another matter altogether.





And that's the question you will be talking about over the next few months.





I wish you well.


Oh and as a mum of a twenty year old girl- I'd be thrilled.I need mums advice... would you be mad if your 20 year old daughter was pregnant about 2 start uni?
Before you tell them, you need to do some research and have a talk with your boyfriend. You need to find out your due date, and plan to take that quarter off of school.Plan to return the next quarter, and look into daycare options in your area that will work with your school schedule, as well as the current rates and payment options. Do not quit school before the baby comes, or after. It will be difficult, but it will be worth getting your education to better support your child. Once you have a detailed plan for child care, your schooling, and the financial aspects by either getting a part time job or having him get a job or second job etc (babies are more expensive than you ever expect) then bring the joyous news to your parents (and his). By showing them that you are continuing with your education, while still being able to support the baby and have a detailed plan to make sure you do so, they will be more accepting and less likely to be mad, knowing their daughter has a good head on her shoulders and actually has a plan to be both a student and a mother. Make sure to let them know that you are confident you can do this, because they did a wonderful job raising you. Even though they may see it as irresponsible, make sure they know that you know it was irresponsible to have unprotected sex before graduating, but that you don't consider it a mistake, and plan to continue making your life better for yourself and now your child.


Good luck and congrats!
It's a tough situation and it will be tough to get through, but it is important to remember that they will love you regardless.





Are you ready to have a baby? My sister became pregnant when she was in her 2nd year of University and still finished and now has her Bachelor of Nursing and has a great job at the hospital. It was never easy, very tough...she didn't get a maternity leave, obviously, and she had to put him in daycare at only 2 months old to get back to school and work. It certainly paid off staying in school though!
what would you like to know b/c i got pregnant when i was 20 and 22 so i can help you out i have 6 kids and i had my first when i was 16 if you. i had my kids at ages 16 18 20 22 24 my parents were not happy to find out i was pregnant at 16 but they got over it and at 20 its your life and they can not tell you what to do and if your happy and he is happy then don't worry about your parents all that matters is your happy about the baby and you can finish school i did good luck and god bless
Well I was the same age when I got pregnant and my mother and father wasn't that mad. Of course they wanted to know what were my plans as far as school because of the baby. But I still went back to school, have a full-time job and live on my own. So I think that since they knew that I pretty much wasn't going to throw my life away, it wasn't that much of a bad thing.
As a mother- yes I would be upset. IF my daughter came to me, pregnant and then fully expected that we were going to now take care of both her and her kid!!





I did my work- I raised MY kids. It's not MY responsibility to raise my grandkids.





I'd be mad- I taught my kids right and to be responsible. I don't want their kids to be my work- they were the ones who thought ';they were ready'; for having sex- well- guess what- sex= babies.





YOUR job now. Hope your boyfriend actually loves you, and you are not just his booty call. You will find out now.
i wouldnt be mad. im 21 and was about to start school until i got pregnant. but it happens. your of age and old enough for the responsibility. if you were under 18 i can see them being mad but your 20.
Perhaps they would be disappointed.But life doesn't stop just because your pregnant.Continue to go to school.Tons of ppl do it.You just will have to alter some things.
I would have to wonder why in the hell I was putting her through the university.
i would be livid.
  • day cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment