Sunday, August 22, 2010

When you were pregnant with your first child what advice didn't you listen to?

Hi it seems that everyone and anyone is interested in your baby but what irritated you when you were first pregnant and how confusing did you find things when buying what you needed, didnt need and just plain useless? I am really interested to know so detailed answers or just a general rant from all you new mothers is welcome. ThanksWhen you were pregnant with your first child what advice didn't you listen to?
When I started telling people I was pregnant, I got a lot of advice about what to eat/ what not to eat. It didn鈥檛 bother me at first, but then this list of what I was not supposed to eat/drink kept getting longer and longer. I started getting stressed out about everything that went in my mouth.





I finally had a really good friend (who is also a Labor/Delivery nurse) tell me that I needed to relax and listen to my body. If a certain food didn鈥檛 taste right or made me feel sick, then I shouldn鈥檛 eat it. As long as I was trying to maintain a healthy diet, I would be fine. A little bit of caffeine or a double cheeseburger w/ French fries every now and then wasn鈥檛 going to kill me or my baby. The key is moderation.





I am now a little more than 35 weeks pregnant with our son, and all my doctor鈥檚 visits and blood work have been great. I would recommend listening to all the advice that comes your way, but then use your own intuition to sort out what works for you and what doesn鈥檛.When you were pregnant with your first child what advice didn't you listen to?
When I was babysitting for a family friends infant...I heard many people tell her not to buy second hand clothes...I find this completely pointless since a child grows so fast and won't be able to wear the clothes that long anyway.


Besides, many of the second hand baby stores only accept gently used things ... so unless you tell someone, how will they ever know it's been previously owned?

No comments:

Post a Comment