Monday, August 23, 2010

Advice for a single mom - what do you think?

I was recently divorced. I am lonely, and would like to start dating, meeting friends, etc. I have sole custody of my children, but my ex has visitation. I work full time. So, my kids are in daycare every day. Is it selfish of me to get a babysitter once in awhile in the evening to go out? I feel so guilty. My children are 3 and 5. They love having a babysitter, but I am worried about them. They have been through enough with the divorce. Is this too much stress to put on them?Advice for a single mom - what do you think?
No it's not selfish at all. The best thing you can do for your kids is to make sure you keep yourself healthy and happy. You deserve to go out and have some time when you aren't working or taking care of children. Don't feel guilty about this at all - especially if they enjoy having a babysitter (and most kids do).Advice for a single mom - what do you think?
honey you also need some mommy time also. i am married and have 3 kids and i love to get out of the house by myself also. by you getting some time to yourself you are making yourself a better mom by giving yourself a break. if they love having a babysitter and you can afford it, i say go for it. have fun.
It's fine. Mommy needs to go out once in awhile too! I'm a single mom as well (ex does not have visitation) and once in awhile i'll get a sitter and go have fun with my girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment