Sunday, August 22, 2010

I have a fear about death and i get anxiety attacks of thinking about it, do you have any advice?

I can get these anxiety attacks about death how do I deal with it. I know I must sound like really freaky but it just comes to me and happens... I have an ultra fear about death....I have a fear about death and i get anxiety attacks of thinking about it, do you have any advice?
You are not the only one who has this fearm millions are afraid about death. It is difficult knowing that one day you will die. Panic attacks can be decreased by taking long deep breaths, holding it and then letting out slowly, take at least three and practice thought blocking techniques, by saying to yoursef, ';I am not going to go there right now,'; talk yourself down, reasure yourself, tell yourself everything is ok and that your are safe RIGHT NOW. Be kind to yourself, then work on developing a different perception regarding death, think about your beliefs and perhaps come up with something less frightening, like perhaps you will feel the greatest love ever, you will have love ones come to greet you, and you will understand why we have life in first place, because it is an adventure. Remember to breath and think of something pleasant. :)I have a fear about death and i get anxiety attacks of thinking about it, do you have any advice?
you probably were introduced to death at a young age or you knew somebody that died young so you have a feeling that it could happen to you soon or that life is too short. You just have to tell yourself, ';why should I fear death'; especially if you believe in an after life. I have post traumatic stress disorder and it's very similiar feeling when I see a cop or the state seal of Delaware or like the phone rings in school or something but I have to tell myself it's not about me, it helps a little.
why what so scary about death, you live then you die that is the way it is.
I have panic attacks whenever I think about my fears too. And everybody fears death from time to time. Just think: whoever/whatever was nice enough to give you life will do what is best for you in the afterlife, if there is one. If not, you still don't have anything to worry about. It doesn't really make sense to worry about something you know little about. I've learned from many experiences that things aren't always as bad as they seem (e.g. high school, running a ______ing mile for gym class). Just relax and realize that you aren't alone. Certain types of music, like melodic death metal, obviously focus on this subject and when I listen to it I feel connected with the bands. Maybe they will help you, but listen at your own risk, I know some music can be very depressing if you aren't used to it. Arch Enemy would be a good band to start.
What is death??? there is no such thing - only for the physical body. The consciousness, the YOU survives intact. I call it Transition what you call death..... a transition of consciousness having left its physical prison behind. So - do not fear. The more you - or what identifies itself with the physical body is attached to same, the more pronounced the fear of leaving it behind.





It is basically a matter of spiritual attunment and knowing what happens when transition occurs And after! The more you know - the better for you and the less fear. It is the unknown that is feared most.





There are some really good books out like from Dr Bruce Goldberg, Moody, Cayce etc. dealing with transition, NDEs (Near Death Experiences).... hypnotic regression into the past and Progression into the future, The whole concept of reincarnation ( which was originally also a Christian concept/teaching but was deleted from the bible in the third century ) If you want more info - I may give you my secondary email addy.
Oh... I feel sorry about this. We all fear death but Anxieties about it could be troublesome. Do you often watch horror or movies having death scenes, honestly, it this is causing you then see your doc or a phy.


Do have positive attitude because death is an ultimate end of everything. Nothing lives forever except God. And we shell be raised again one day thats Judgment day! and won't die after that. I have read several times phys. says not to think about something that disturbs you.





May God bless and help you.
I had this same problem years ago. I can tell you that drugs will not help. Im not sure of the difference between an anxiety attack and a panic attack, they may be the same thing. I was diagnosed with Genrealized Anxiety disorder, and Panic disorder. I dealt with this by staying away from things that made a panic attack come on, such as horror films etc. I still have symptoms of them every now and then, but i have learned to control them by forcing myself to concentrate on something else. Call a friend, watch a favorite TV show, or just force your mind to think about something else. Eventually it will get easier to control . I had that problem about 9 years ago, and its gotten much easier to deal with. Now i can control them when I dont want them, and i can even have one when i try to (which im not trying to do, but i do think about death once in awhile just to see if ill have the same problem) Chances are, it will take awhile to be able to control them as i do, it took me about 6 months, but like i said, you have to force your mind off of it. And basically a panic/anxiety attack is purely neurological, you mind causes them, so you have to figure out what take your mind off it, and make it go away. Good luck.
  • day cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment