Sunday, August 22, 2010

How do you choose a career? Any tips or advice?

If money and education were no object, what would you want to do? If your heart is leading you in a particular direction, talk to someone already in that profession or line of work. Take him or her out to lunch and pick their brain. Then decide....to go for it....or go to plan B.





Deciding what you want to do with your career, which occupies most of your life, is very important. You cannot choose something because someone else thinks it's something you should do or would be good at. You will be good at what you decide to be good at. And your best success will lay in a career that is near and dear to your heart.





Many of us (old foggies) graduated from school and grabbed the first decent job that was offered. Some stayed because it was what we knew, and others ventured off to try other things. The venturing part....sadly is often a waste of time. It is better to have a direction early on.





People who love their careers would be open to mentoring. If you think you might like a particular job, find a mentor. See who is the top in that field in your area and make an appointment!





For what it's worth, sales has been the most lucrative and fun career for me. I can take my skills and sell almost anything. Nobody can tell me I'm making too much money because I work for myself. It also allows for independence and flexibility. It is NEVER boring. That's for me!





Think big....and follow a superstar. You can achieve whatever you set your mind to. And you will.How do you choose a career? Any tips or advice?
just thing what kind of things do u like to do,what is interesting for you to studyHow do you choose a career? Any tips or advice?
find what interests you the most
you choose a career by what u like to do and what ur hobbies are this will lead u to a career u will enjoy
Make three columns...one a list of activities or things that give you satisfaction, the next what you would do for free just because you love it, the last what you excel at.





For instance...Seeing people improve themselves for the better as a result of my help gives me great satisfaction, I love to express myself in writing, I excel at making complex concepts understandable...Knowing that, I became a writer on health and wellness.





Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment