Monday, August 23, 2010

What advice would you give to year 11 (GCSE) school leavers?

I am writing a motivational and inspirational speech for present year 11 (GCSE) school leavers. What advice would you give to pupils of that age, for their future, aspirations, ambitions, goals, struggles and so on. All comments, including anecdotal, graciously welcolmed.What advice would you give to year 11 (GCSE) school leavers?
I would tell them the same thing I told my own kids without the diploma many companies will not even take your application for employment because a diploma shows them that you are not a quitter your a go getter. Don't be a follower be the leader. After all the years of my getting up and doing without in order for you to have the education I never had I feel it is not too much to ask you to at least finish this final stage of high school so I have at least have one thing to stand up and be proud of.To you it may mean absolutely nothing -to me it means I didn't waste my whole life I did accomplish more then I ever set out to do. I may have been young and rather dumb growing up but one thing is for sure my own children will not repeat my mistakes even if it kills me I will never rest in peace until I see your diploma in your hand then and only then are you free to do as you please. They both graduated and I went on to live their lives with better then average pay scales and others have followed suit one day their pictures will hang on the high school wall where mine wil never hang.What advice would you give to year 11 (GCSE) school leavers?
tell them lifes a b itch then they marry

No comments:

Post a Comment