Monday, August 23, 2010

When and how did you teach your son to pee standing? My son just turned 4. Do other dad's have advice ?

Maybe I should wait until he's 5 or 6? Do you have to actually show him how?When and how did you teach your son to pee standing? My son just turned 4. Do other dad's have advice ?
Well first I'm a Mom but my son is almost 7 and has been doing fine since he was potty trained at 2 and 1/2. First I never closed the door when I went to the bathroom so it was never considered a dirty or secret thing. Second I tried the cheerio thing and it did nothing for my son. I pretty much just made sure he could reach over the rim so, well so it would go in the potty. The other things that worked really well were letting him stand on my feet when he went pee (don't know why...) and all kids love to do exactly what there parents tell them not to do so i would stand him in front of the potty and tell him not to make bubbles in my potty.





Reen, LOL my daughter was the one who wanted to pee outside.When and how did you teach your son to pee standing? My son just turned 4. Do other dad's have advice ?
Most guys learn about everything re peeing by example. Surely you pee in front of him when taking him to the restroom, if not, you should so he is comfortable peeing around other guys, including adults. Certainly at 4 if he is going to the restroom when he needs to, and out of any protective diaper stuff, he should be able to easily understand how to pee standing up. The important thing I think most parents forget is basic hygiene--like not touching the seat or anything on the toilets.





I'd take my kid in to the urinal ay that age or younger, and just put his feet on the bottom and have him stand, pull down the pants/underwear and tell him to pee. He figured it out right away, and had him use the toilets standing by himself since obviously he can't pee in them due to the height.





Don't wait till 5 or 6, he will be in kindergarten or school that age and should know how to pee appropriately by then.





Good luck.
I taught my son when he was 2 . He always followed me to the toilet when he started walking and was facinated at what I was doing . I bought a little tommy the Turtle to stand on and he was pissing like a professional after about a week. He is now 3 1/2 and all I have to do now is wipe his bum after No. 2's . He wears undies and can pull them off and on by himself Had to remind him about every hour if he needed to go for about the first 2-3 months but after that very rarely did he have an accident. He only has accident now if he is to busy playing and doesnt make the toilet in time.
My youngest son was 3 we couldn't get him to go to the bathroom at all. We kept pull-ups on him hoping he'd catch on. We were at the park one day and he was with my oldest son who peed behind a tree. Next thing we know he peed behind the tree. The only thing is for the next few months we couldn't get him to go unless it was near a tree.
im not a father but i am an older sister. i trained my brother to pee in the toilet when he was 3.


all you have to do is tell him how, (possibly show him), and applaud him and give him treats when he does it correctly. If you make your son feel good about it they'll be more determined to do it. I'm sure the cereal thing works too, i wish i wouldve thought of that
I know that I'm not a guy but my son always stood to pee. Firstly he copied his father and secondly I made it a game. I put cheerios in the toilet bowl and he had to aim for the Cheerios. It worked really quickly. Some people use ping pong balls as well but Cheerios flush and ping pong balls don't.
Naa,,,, My son learned at 3 ... Was out at Friends farm. Had him drinking lots of liquid... no diapers... He and I spent the afternoon going out on the side of the barn every 5 Min's until he kind of figured it out....................! Not to many accidents after that....................! Good Luck............!=)
4 is a good age to start. Put cheerios in the toliet and get him to shoot at them. Of course you have to tell him to grab it and aim, you dont really have to show him with yours, unless he really seems not to get it.
I taught my son right away, it's how i potty trained him. I put cheerieos in the toilet and told him to aim for them. It was a fun way fir him to learn.
my dad put cheerios in the toilet bowl and told me if i hit all of them he woudl buy me a present(he told me how he taught me)
I also did the cheerio thing and it worked like a charm.
I hope that you're not a perv.





The cheerio idea is a good one. Tell him to hold on to his penis while peeing and aim.
Put cheerios in the toilet and tell him to aim at them!
My brother taught my nephew at 3.. he used fruit loops and tossed them in the toilet and told him to ';aim'; and fire.. :)
  • day cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment